Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pre Prep for food allocation


I've taken time out for compiling a shopping list for the main dinner meals for my first week ... All meals are in the 300-400 Calorie range. Breakfasts are always a problem for me ... Usually my breakfast is a large flat-white coffee. Which at leasts gets me the equivalent of a glass of milk a day ... It's usually the only coffee I have in a day ... The rest of my drinks being water or black tea or green tea. Or some herbal tea ....The thing is in the mornings I just cannot get cereal of any kind down... Just don't like it then... I like cereal be tend to eat it in the evenings ... From what is written (as in yes I've readit ..But no I didn't keep the reference to where) a protein meal in the mornings is the best option to set you up for the day. So maybe eggs, or Baked Beans which I like a lot. Funnily enough research from the University of California (ref. Aus. Mens Health magazine Dec07) determined that men need an additional 50% more of the Vitamin B compound Choline.. 850 milligrams of Choline a day being the recommended intake now for men. That can be satisfied by having 2 eggs a day... Funnily enough the next best source of Choline is Bacon (hmmmm Bacon) so Bacon and Egg is a very tempting breakfast ... Except for the calories of course ... 2 eggs being around the 160 cals just to start .....


So for now I think I've agreed on poached eggs for breakfast alternated with Baked beans on some days to relieve the bordom...


The Dinner menu for week 1



  • Pumpkin, Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry (With Chicken)

  • Slow Cooker Beer Braised beef

  • Chicken and Bacon Paella

  • Meatloaf (healthy version at 290 cals a serve)

  • Kumara and Chickpea Soup

  • Mushroom and Spinach Risotto

  • Lamb Ragu with Pasta


The intent is to try them and decide if we like them enough (taste, Filling ease to cook etc) and build up at least 2-3 weeks of meals we can enjoy and are low cal and healthy... As I read more on certain foods I will include them into my diet..

Photobucket

1 comment:

anudivya said...

You have an amazing blog, and so much wonderful information about health and fitness. Lovely pics as well.